For longer than I can remember, I’ve been reading Kari’s blog at Through A Glass, Darkly. I never really comment there, but I’m always reading! She does a monthly “good things” post. She keeps track daily of something good that happened that day. Simple as that. I think it’s a great practice, so I started on January 1. It’s nice to sit down at the end of the day and think back to what made me happy!
1. Mississippi State destroyed Michigan 52-14 in the Gator Bowl; we went out for Chinese food in the evening.
2. I did a lot of reading and we had a yummy supper of chicken and couscous.
3. I finished reading the best book I’ve read in a couple years, Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.
4. Mother’s Morning Out resumed today. It was great to see my kids and my sweet co-workers. I missed them over the Christmas break.
5. Choir practice! Oh, how I have missed my beloved church choir over the Christmas break!
6. We weren’t feeling too great from our lingering illnesses, so we got a takeout pizza and I didn’t have to cook.
7. Abita beer and TV with my honey! We watched The Soup and two episodes of House.
8. I made salsa and black bean cakes from scratch, and they were both yummy.
9. We had a mini ice storm, but thankfully, we were home safe in our warm house!
10. John got to go in late to work due to the weather, so we slept late.
11. I started a good book (Matched by Ally Condie).
12. Choir practice was lots of fun. Our director had some great jokes.
13. I went to Easely Amused by myself. Even though the painting I did didn’t turn out great, it was nice to get out like that by myself.
14. John and I had Bop’s after OT went to bed!
15. We went to Miskelly’s and bought OT’s big boy bed and dresser!
16. It was pretty exciting watching Chris Colfer win a Golden Globe. I love his character on Glee! And Colin Firth won best actor for The King’s Speech! Swoon!
17. OT’s cousin N. (a boy!) was born!
18. I finished reading Ally Condie’s Matched. It was an incredible book, and I can’t wait for the next one.
19. There were two great soups at the church salad bar (buffalo chicken and chicken dumplings) and I had a small bowl of each!
20. John and I had our interview for the preschool we hope to send OT to. We love the school!
21. OT’s big boy bed arrived, and he took a nap in it and slept all night without a single problem! I’m so proud of him!
22. We went to Hattiesburg to meet our new nephew. He’s adorable! We also saw our entire family and had nice visits.
23. John and I tried out a new Sunday school class and felt very comfortable in it. It’s time for a change. I also took a good nap in the afternoon.
24. John and I had ice cream after OT went to bed. Totally indulgent for a Monday night!
25. My boss brought her Keurig to work and I had the most perfectly-brewed cup of English Breakfast tea ever. I’m easily pleased!
26. I painted my nails with the coolest color I own, Orly’s “Space Cadet.”
27. We watched The Social Network after OT went to bed. I didn’t understand most of the computer geek stuff, but I enjoyed it!
28. Gorgeous day! OT and I ran some errands, and later that night we had a date eating Chinese together when John was at the Mid South Men’s Rally at church. And I painted my nails with the new OPI color “Teenage Dream,” which is a gorgeous and super-glittery pink!
29. I went to see The King’s Speech, which was just about the most perfect film I’ve ever seen. Also, it was a beautiful 70-degree day and we spent fun time outside in the back yard.
30. I was thrilled to see my all-time favorite actor, Colin Firth, win the best actor award at the SAG Awards, and the cast of The King’s Speech won best ensemble. So well-deserved! Onward to the Oscars!
31. OT went to bed early and John and I watched two episodes of House.
I definitely have a pattern. The things that make me happiest are spending time with my guys, good books, good food, choir practice, and nail polish. Expect to see more of the same all year!