Previous Months: January
1. I saw a preview photo for the China Glaze “Metro” collection, which comes out in July, and I got SERIOUSLY happy. There are 12 colors, and I’m pretty sure I want seven of them.
2. College football signing day! The Ole Miss Rebels picked up some great recruits!
3. I spent about 30 minutes (seriously) standing at my kitchen window watching about 20 red-wing blackbirds get spooked away from our bird feeder by one fiery, feisty, brilliant red cardinal. It was a hoot, and better than TV!
4. OT and I were supposed to go into work today for the church’s missions conference (which I didn’t want to do!) but it was canceled due to icy roads. Whee!
5. I went to see The King’s Speech again, and ran into several friends from church.
6. I finished a book that I loved, and later I joined lots of people in heavily snarking various aspects of entertainment at the Super Bowl.
7. Got a free download of a Tony Lucca album, and spent some time watching Hotel Babylon on DVD.
8. I decided that I see the fiery red cardinal in my back yard so much that he needs a name. It’s Dave.
9. Snow! We got over an inch, but it was really wet and hadn’t been cold for very long, so it didn’t stick. It was awfully pretty and we got to play outside in it, though!
10. Valentine’s party at work!
11. Bought a new, much-needed Crockpot and surprised my honey at work with Chick-Fil-A fries!
12. Haley Barbour gave an incredible speech at CPAC. I want him to run for President! (Also, it’s my daddy’s birthday!)
13. We spent the Sunday school hour in the choir room, talking with friends, and it was so lovely and refreshing. And that night, Colin Firth won best actor at the BAFTAs!
14. My sweetheart brought me roses and cards, and we shared yummy chocolate fondue together!
15. It was gorgeous out, so we spent a lot of time on the playground! And that night, John took OT to Bible study with him for pizza and guy time!
16. It was very tough to find something good today, amid a sea of bad news all around. But here’s the one good thing: the Borders closest to me isn’t closing.
17. The cast of The King’s Speech was on Piers Morgan’s show!
18. After another tough day, I settled in for the evening with TV with my sweetheart, and some cold Abita Amber. We love that stuff.
19. John gave all the ceiling fans a thorough cleaning, which is good because we’re really starting to need them!
20. Church was extra sweet today: great sermon, great music in worship, great Sunday school lesson!
21. I heard a neighbor’s lawnmower running and it filled me with joy.
22. I baked brownies, and John and I each had one warm from the oven, and they were perfect. Mmm.
23. I used the #SwagBucks hashtag on Twitter and was awarded 100 extra SwagBucks!
24. Comcast changed the DVR on-screen guide to a much more user-friendly one. It’s the little things!
25. I started watching North and South. Full verdict withheld until I finish it, but I like it so far! I do love a BBC period drama!
26. OT and I went to Hattiesburg to spend the day with my parents, his Mimi and Papa. We had a great time!
27. I was OVERJOYED to watch Colin Firth win his MUCH-deserved Oscar for Best Actor! And yay also for the director, Tom Hooper; the screenwriter, David Seidler; and the film The King’s Speech, which won Best Picture!
28. Today was SwagBucks’ third birthday, and through various codes and searches, I won 135 SwagBucks! That’s definitely the most I’ve ever won in a day. You can start winning, too. Sign up here!